At the beginning of the twenty-first century, the demand for clean potable water has increased to meet the population growth, especially in Sudan, where many places still suffer from water scarcity and quality. Several geophysical and hydrogeological studies to search for water as well as water quality and ensure that it conforms to international and local standards for drinking water, as well as the implementation of water projects, especially groundwater, especially small water harvesting projects (dams – drilling), where the unit was established on modern scientific foundations by importing the latest devices and equipment In addition to qualifying and training the engineers and technicians working in the unit as one of the most important means to achieve the desired goals, in addition to training and qualifying engineering and technical cadres in institutions and bodies working in the field of water.
– Keeping pace with the technological development associated with water use technology.
– Contributing directly to reducing thirst through the implementation of water projects.
– Increase the knowledge and technical achievement of water workers.
– Establishing coordination relations with the relevant authorities to advance work in the water field.
– Conducting studies and research that help in developing the water field.
– Contribute to moving the wheel of the economy through the establishment of development projects.
Department of Geophysical Studies :
This department implements geophysical studies that will contribute to determining the best places to drill groundwater wells in addition to determining their quality, which is inferred using the electrical method. The department has a number of devices:
– Electrical resistance device.
– A sensor for detecting water and the direction of its flow.
– Analysis software.
water quality department :
This department works on knowing the quality and type of water, as it receives the water samples to be analyzed (underground – surface) where they are examined and analyzed.
PHYSICOCHEMICAL ANALYSIS :
Total dissolve solids
Total suspended solids
Total hardness ( calcium – ca – magnesium )
Sodium , potassium , chloride , florid , sulphate ,ammonia
The sample is analyzed microbiologically.
* A number of wells were implemented in a number of different states of Sudan in cooperation with the Turkish Cooperation Foundation and the Africa Technology City Center.